Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Um...so awesome...I mean seriously...

For my last meal in San Diego I dragged (and I do mean dragged) my friends to this place called Veg n' Out (http://vegnout.com/).  Can't. Gush. Enough!  This place is like every vegan's wet dream.  It might not look like much, but just trust, it's ridic.




We started with the sweet potato medallions with ketchup.  Tiny, golden disks of joy in mouth.  No joke.  With some salt, they were heavenly.  I even got the meat-eaters to agree on that one.



Then we have the Big Kahuna sandwich.  Oh the sandwich.......  I can't.  There are not words.  Ok, maybe there are.  They use a "chicken" base that they create like a BBQ-shredded-chicken-mess with that is delish.  Then they add some cheese (vegan or dairy, whichever you prefer), a slice of pineapple, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo (vegan or reg) and mustard.  You get fries or salad on the side.  I got salad with some kind of dill dressing that I want to bathe in (no, seriously...I mean that).


 That and a locally brewed ginger Kombucha tea and stick a fork in me, I AM DONE!



They also had some locally baked vegan cookies and brownies.  I tried the chocolate chip and the oatmeal chocolate chip.  I was licking the cellophane...seriously licking.  The brownie...meeeeeeh.  It was a vegan brownie.  Nuff said.

Overall, a must visit for any vegan on the go.  The menu is like 5 pages long and everything I saw coming out of the kitchen looked amazing.  Go, GO NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment